weird behavior of client/website

Please report Bugs and Problems here
vaccaro
Captain

weird behavior of client/website

Post by vaccaro » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:05 am

Hi,
During my flight while in "cruise" phase I have noticed that on website in my profile flight was "in hangar". In overwiev i had the red dot.
When I have started descend it changed again to normal (now it shows me as orange dot and in "descend").
Will give you more info after landing.
Cheers,
Arslan

EDIT:
And when I was writing this it became red again and in hangar. I actually don't really care if the client shows me in hangar and/or in flight. Just wanted to know if I have to disable tracker also on this one :)

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Re: weird behavior of client/website

Post by DaKurt » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:13 pm

I'm not the expert for website issues, but I think that the website doesn't know the flightstate "cruise" and therefore sets the flight to "in hanger" on the flightmonitor. If it's not that it has to be a client issue. Let's wait for Joe or Konny to check this...
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:24 pm

DaKurt wrote:I'm not the expert for website issues, but I think that the website doesn't know the flightstate "cruise" and therefore sets the flight to "in hanger" on the flightmonitor. If it's not that it has to be a client issue. Let's wait for Joe or Konny to check this...
The same happens here. As soon as I was airborne, the red dot returned and my signature shows I am in the hangar. (while flying at FL360 :-)
The client shows I am cruising..
Another pilot of ours booked a flight. Aircraft showed booked, ok. But the flightplans showed no booked flight at all.
Hope the flights that are flown will be booked and logged....
Regards,
Ruud.

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Ruud don't worry, my flight has been recorded normally.

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:39 pm

vaccaro wrote:Ruud don't worry, my flight has been recorded normally.
Thanks for informing. Let's wait and see for the solution...
Regards,
Ruud.

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi

I too experience this problem. I have been "studying" the problem over a few flights and it seems that if the plane is in one particular flight state for too long without change (normally the Cruise state) then the "Client falls asleep" and forgets to update the server. Once your flight status changes (climb or descend) then the Client wakes up and then talks to the server. Despite this happening every one of my flights has recorded successfully.
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:00 am

Myrm wrote:Hi

I too experience this problem. I have been "studying" the problem over a few flights and it seems that if the plane is in one particular flight state for too long without change (normally the Cruise state) then the "Client falls asleep" and forgets to update the server. Once your flight status changes (climb or descend) then the Client wakes up and then talks to the server. Despite this happening every one of my flights has recorded successfully.
That's another story I think. I mean, my client " falls asleep" as soon as I am airborne. I noticed the flight has been recorded correctly with one exception that it told me I was moving at the gate (-50) and I didn't.
Regards,
Ruud.